I have had so much fun with these muffins! Ellie and I are both starving when we wake up so this is an easy protein packed breakfast or snack for on the go! In the picture above I mixed 1 cup of blueberries into the batter and topped with chopped almonds! SO GOOD! Get creative with your toppings!
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1.5 scoops protein powder (I use vanilla shakeology)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- toppings: crushed walnuts, frozen blueberries chopped almonds, almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, greek yogurt, coconut oil, honey and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Grease a muffin pan very well with coconut oil.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin tin.
- Stir in toppings of choice into each one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine took 18 minutes).
- Let cool for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely. Don’t skip this!!
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
- *These freeze well. I take two out in the morning and microwave it for 20-30 seconds.
Modifications made to recipe from http://www.thehealthymaven.com/2015/02/customizable-protein-packed-oatmeal-cups.html#_a5y_p=3355477